A forum to unite Marthomites to discuss issues and debate on why the Mar Thoma Syrian Church needs to wake up and reform!

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Alert - another collection on the way!

For all the people who ask what's my qualm about giving for charity - I have none. I am totally good with the idea for giving to charity. But what I do not like is the condescending attitude of how the Church just takes decisions and wants money for hall after hall, ambulances, vans, scooters, bicycles and much more in some Bishop's name.

I guess soon we will have churches named after our Bishops.

Well here is an update on another collection which is coming up! Well you are all free to give - But i ask when did my Church ever care where do i stay or do i need help? I guess it reminds me of the famous words - Look at the log in your eye before you look at the speck of dust in your brother's eye. So far I appreciated the way my Church goes all out to help the world, but some how in it's eagerness to help and get the names of Bishops and Priests on Marble Memorial Slabs - the members are left to fend for them selves.

I have heard a lot how our own members are not given preference even in our own Marthoma Schools and Colleges without coughing up a few lakhs in donation.

Well Christmas is the time for giving and I sure this years the poor people in my neighbourhood is going to get some cake without my business card attached to it!

~o~

Church to build houses for the poor

The Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar will donate 1,500 houses to the homeless poor in different parts of the State as part of the 90th birthday celebrations of the Mar Thoma Metropolitan, Philipose Mar Chrysostom. In a statement here on Tuesday, Zacharias Mar Theophilus Suffragan Metropolitan said the beneficiaries of the scheme would be selected without caste and religious considerations. He said the keys of the first 90 houses under the project would be handed over to the beneficiaries at Thiruvilla on April 27, 2007, the birthday of Mar Chrysostom.
He said the fund required for the housing project would be mobilised from among the church members in different parts of the world. The housing project committee had opened its office at the Olivette Bishop's House in Chengannur and P.T. Thomas had been nominated the committee convenor.

~o~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MTC Monk .. you turn out to be a good critic... You must try writing about movies in newspapers .. but about church .. I feel it is a sadistic approach .. not just to church but to your own life ...

So here is what you can do ... One is to participate and make things better rather than waiting for someone else and bishops to make it better for the marthoma community. If you loose try harder (That's what Martin Luther King did to whom you refer a lot in your texts). If you can't do this .. you might as well just shut up and walk away and trust me Marthomites don't need any critic to point out what they are not good at !!!

mtc monk said...

Thank you Anonymous Reader for your funny suggestions!

I do participate and in other words in the thick and thin of it all the time.

Well about forming another church like Martin Luther did, na! I rather stay in the Church and speak my mind. I am a member who gives his time, sweat and money for the betterment of the Church and if I see some people taking it for a ride then I do believe I do have a right to say it.

And as for you, why don't you atleast put your name. Oh, by the way your statement - "Marthomites don't need no critic!" HAHAH - don't tell me your are some Holy Holy guy out to protect the church. I am also a Marthomite and proud to say it too.

If you read my blogs again with some patience, you would realize that I do not write with malicious intent.

Stop getting all excited trying prove a point to me. If you want to take on some one try the RSS or the other parties out to get the Church. Then again, if you want me to publish something - It will be my pleasure! No malice intended - hoping to hear from you again!

I do watch movies and I can recommend some really good critic sites if you are interested! :)

Anonymous said...

I am not the same anonymous user who posted before this....

i would like to mention that we need to include something more to this blog...

we have to bring our issues together in prayer.. i promise to include the reformation of the marthoma church in my daily prayer...

i would like all my fellow christians who have accepted Jesus christ as their personal saviour to make a promise to include this in their prayer...

moreover let us start to mention the reforms we expect from the marthoma church in this blog (i know some of them are mentioned)..

we will hold our hands together for the sustainance of our community in faith.. and money and power should not be our agenda