A forum to unite Marthomites to discuss issues and debate on why the Mar Thoma Syrian Church needs to wake up and reform!

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance!

Monday, January 8, 2007

Lingusitics & the Mar Thoma Church

Hi Mr Monk.

I am impressed by your this effort. I would definitely inform my friends in Church to join this blog.


Its really important for us, Marthomites to get into such discussion. I would also like our achens and thirumeni's to take part. It will be good for us to get a direct response from them. Ur this time's issue is a good one.


Even I too agree that we people staying outside Kerala really have to face linguistic problems.


Every year in October we have Western India youth Conferences. There such doubts can be asked to the Thirumeni directly. I every time have different issues to discuss with him. In our Church, girls know Malayalam so for them its not a problem. We too have manglish books in whole of Gujarat.


But still even if we are able to read them we dont know wat they mean. I remember asking the bishop this same problem. I asked him, I go every week to Church, I can read the manglish book but dont even know the meaning of shobha niranjo. These are the first words that come out from our mouth. You know what he replied? He said in this world there are many things we don't know, and sometimes its good. Nothing more came from my side.


Will definitely take part in this forum. Bye for now.

God bless u all.

Anonymous


No comments: